Ethics are the most significant element of the academic activities in teaching and research. Teaching and research forms a novel combination of knowledge transfer which needs freedom to express the knowledge. Freedom in the academic process to express the knowledge and invention in the most ethical way. It include the freedom to inquire for innovation of new things in subject that encourage intellectual concern, to present findings, to publish data and to teach in the manner they consider professionally appropriate. This requires integrity with the teaching and research.
Code of Ethics
- To create academic awareness about responsible conduct of research, study, project work, assignment, thesis, dissertation, promotion of academic integrity- and prevention of misconduct including plagiarism in academic writing among students, researchers, faculty- and other members of academic staff as well as any employee of institution.
- To establish institutional mechanism through education and training to facilitate responsible conduct of research, study, project work, assignment, thesis, dissertation, promotion of academic integrity and deterrence from plagiarism.
- To develop systems to detect plagiarism and to set up mechanisms to prevent plagiarism and punish a student, faculty, or staff of institution committing the act of plagiarism.
Plagiarism constitutes unethical scientific behavior and is never acceptable. Proper acknowledgement of the work of others used in a research work must always be given. Further, it is the obligation of each author to provide prompt retractions or corrections of errors in published works. There are varying degrees of plagiarism warranting different consequences and corrective action, listed below from most to least serious:
- Verbatim or nearly verbatim copying or translation of a full paper(s), or the verbatim or nearly verbatim copying or translation of a significant portion(s) of another paper(s).
- Disclosing unpublished data or findings without permission, even if attributed.
- Unaccredited verbatim or nearly verbatim copying or translation of individual elements of another paper(s).
- Unaccredited paraphrasing of pages or paragraphs from another paper(s).
- Credited verbatim copying or translation of a major portion of a paper without clear delineation (e.g., quotes or indents).
The College is committed to producing and promoting research of the highest quality, devoid of plagiarism of any sort and other unethical practices while trying to allow academic freedom and innovative thinking. The college instructs its teachers and students to abide by the highest standards of integrity in their conduct of academic research and/or support to academic research activities. Plagiarism Methods: Use of freely available software to catch instances of plagiarism during review. In case of the Teachers/students attending/participating in any conference, permission must be sought from the Principal in writing, stating the purpose of the visit, the name and venue of the seminar/conference. The college lays strong emphasis on the standard of research, original thought and Expression which are ensured through multiple layers of review. We also keep our teachers and students informed of appropriate guidelines for publication in various journals, including those recognized by the UGC. Many of our faculty members serve as reviewers on editorial boards of many Prestigious journals, and adhere to the strictest standards to ensure good quality publications; our college also organizes conferences and seminars on pressing issues calling for academic inquiry, and while selecting papers for the same, places strong emphasis on the standard of research, original thought and expression, and multiple layers of review. Our library is equipped with some quality journals from the world over, which provide a platform for quality research and writing for our teachers and students. Our library is stocked with renowned journals from the world over, acting as a mirror for quality research and writing, for our teachers and students – a veritable tool that they can employ by emulating the standards of these publications.
The college Research Committee takes care of the issues and complaints regarding the plagiarism and if needed recommends the disciplinary action to be imposed within a period of 3 weeks from the day of complaint after its thorough investigation.